APHIS/CDC Form 4A Quick Reference Guide: Completing Sections C & D
- Log into eFSAP. Click on Form 4. Locate the specified report under Form 4A-Section CD’s that has a status of ‘Required’. Click Viewimage icon.
- Complete Section Cimage icon. Answer questions 1-3. The remaining questions in Section C will be automatically populated from the Form 1.
- Fill out Section Dimage icon.
- Question 1 will be auto-populated according to the related Section A&B. Answer the remaining questions.
- For questions, 6-7 enter information, then click Add Row. Add as many rows as needed, if sent to multiple Reference Laboratories.
NOTE: You must click add row in order to submit the form.
- For question 8image icon, you may select more than one option:
- Destroyed – Indicate method of destruction and date destroyed.
- Retained – Indicate PI from the dropdown menu of PIs approved to possess select agent and toxin. If the Sample Provider is a non-registered entity, this option is not available.
- Not applicable – “Not applicable, the entire specimen was transferred to the Reference Laboratory.” NOTE: If sample was sent to multiple laboratories, provide the name and date of transfer in the Comment section.
- For question 9image icon, if you answer ‘Yes’, complete an APHIS/CDC Form 3.
- If you answer ‘Yes’ to question 11, complete questions 13-20. Click Add Row. Add as many rows as needed, if multiple Sample Providers. NOTE: You must click add row in order to submit the form.
- If ‘Yes’ to question 12, select the appropriate country from the dropdown list.
- Type your nameimage icon in the ‘Signature of Responsible Official/Laboratory Supervisor’ field. The date will auto-populate.
- Click Submit. Clicking Save Draft does NOT submit the Form 4 Sections C&D.
- Clicking the Close Button will only close the report and not submit or save changes to the form.
Page last reviewed: December 4, 2020
Content source: Division of Regulatory Science and Compliance