- “Restricted Person” Access to Select Agents and Toxins
This policy statement outlines the acceptable conditions for allowing a “restricted person” access to an area in which select agents or toxins are used or stored.
- Conclusion of Patient Care
This policy statement defines and outlines the appropriate applications of the terms “conclusion of patient care” or “delivery of patient care by health care professionals has concluded” as used in the select agent regulations.
- Validated Inactivation Procedure
This policy statement defines “validated inactivation procedure” and provides clarification for the term as used in the select agent regulations.
- BSL-3/ABSL-3 Verification
This policy statement provides clarification for terms related to BSL-3/ABSL-3 verification as they are used in the select agent regulations.
- Extension of Time Request for Possession of Identified Select Agents and Toxins
This statement provides the policy FSAP has instituted to manage extension of time requests to possess select agents and toxins that have been identified through diagnosis or verification due to shipping difficulties.
- Inactivated Bacillus anthracis
This policy statement clarifies requirements regarding inactivation protocols for B. anthracis strains, includingB. anthracis Pasteur and B. cereus Biovar anthracis, that were subject to an inactivation procedure on or after June 2, 2015.
- Laboratory Work with Regulated Full-Length Genomes
This policy statement explains the FSAP policy regarding lab work with full-length genomes of regulated Risk Group 3 and 4 agents.
- Meaning of the phrase: “a deviation from a validated inactivation
procedure or a viable select agent removal method”
This policy statement provides clarification for the term “a deviation from a validated inactivation procedure or a viable select agent removal method” as it is used in the select agent regulations.
- Import Permit Exemptions for the Importation or Interstate Transportation of Select Agents
This policy statement explains the conditions for importing or transporting (interstate) select agent material without an import permit.
- Requests for Transfers of Select Agents and Toxins
This policy statement provides clarification for filling out the APHIC/CDC Form 2 for the transfer of select agents or toxins.