Incident Response Plan
- Effective Incident Response Planning
- Creating a Successful Incident Response Plan
- Regional Natural Disasters
- Regulatory Requirements
Changes / Highlights
Revisions: This is a living document subject to ongoing improvement. Feedback or suggestions for improvement from registered Select Agent entities or the public are welcomed. Submit comments directly to the Federal Select Agent Program at:
- October 12, 2012: Initial posting
- June 19, 2013 (Revision 1): The revisions are primarily changes to correct editorial errors from previous version.
- February 10, 2014: Added “Low probability/High consequence Events” to Appendix IV.
- September 4, 2014: Added information about continuing laboratory operations after incident.
- May 2017: The revisions are primarily changes to the organization to improve usability from previous version.
Under the provisions of select agent regulations (7 CFR §331.14, 9 CFR §121.14, and 42 CFR §73.14), an entity registered with the Federal Select Agent Program is required to have plans in place in the event of a natural and/or man-made disaster. This guide is to assist the regulated community in developing a site-specific incident response plan to ensure the security and safeguarding of select agents and toxins from natural and man-made disasters.
Please feel free to use the new editable Incident Response Plan Template as the foundation for your entity’s incident response plan.
Download full Incident Response Plan [PDF 313KB]
Download Incident Response Plan Template [DOCX 654KB]