APHIS/CDC Form 1
Application for Registration for Possession, Use,
and Transfer of Select Agents and Toxins
Note: If your organization is not yet registered with FSAP but is interested in becoming a registered entity to work with select agents and toxins, please contact us at eFSAPsupport@cdc.gov and someone will be in touch with you soon.
An entity will complete APHIS/CDC Form 1 to apply to possess, use, or transfer select agents and toxins (as described in 7 CFR Part 331, 9 CFR Part 121, and 42 CFR Part 73). Information requested in this form includes: facility information, a list of select agents and/or toxins to be possessed, used, or transferred by the entity, a list of individuals who will have access, or potential access, to select agents and toxins, and information about the work to be performed.
The APHIS/CDC Form 1 is also used to amend an approved registration.
APHIS/CDC Form 1
For assistance in the completion of APHIS/CDC Form 1, refer to the Instructions for the Completion of APHIS/CDC Form.
APHIS/CDC Form 1 Sections and Attachments
- Section 1A and B - Entity Information and Certification of Responsibility
- Section 1C - Entity Abstract
- Section 2 - RO Certification of Personnel and Facility Activities
- Section 3 - Select Agents and Toxins
- Section 4A - Laboratorians and Animal Care Staff
- Section 4B - Support Staff
- Section 4C - Unescorted Visitors
- Section 5 (A, B, C)
- Section 5A - Entity-Wide Security Assessment and Incident Response
- Section 5B - Entity-Wide Biosafety/Biocontainment
- Section 5C - Entity Requirements for Federal Select Agent Program Inspectors
- Section 6A - Building and Suite/Room Specific Security
- Section 6B - Suite/Room Physical Information
- Section 7 (A, B, C)
- Section 7A - Principal Investigator (PI) Information and Select Agent and Toxin Locations
- Section 7B - Strain or Serotype Designation Information
- Section 7C - Description of Work
- Attachment A - Work with Toxins
- Attachment B - Work with Regulated Nucleic Acids, Genetic Modification of Select Agents or Toxins, Recombinant/Synthetic Nucleic Acids or Recombinant/Synthetic Organisms
- Attachment C - Work with Animals
- Attachment D - Work with Plants
- Attachment E - Work with Arthropods
- Attachment F - BSL3Ag Laboratories
- Attachment G - BSL4/ABSL4 Laboratories