2017 Responsible Official Workshop
On November 28-30, 2017, the Federal Select Agent Program (FSAP) hosted an in-person workshop for Responsible Officials held at the Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service headquarters in Riverdale, MD. The workshop provided participants with information about the new eFSAP information system portal, regulatory requirements for inactivation of select agents, and maintaining select agent regulatory compliance, as well as an opportunity to network with colleagues. The workshop agenda and presentations are available for download below:
- FSAP Workshop Agenda
- FSAP Inspection Feedback Survey Results
- eFSAP: Current Capabilities – Future Functionality
- Updates from the FSAP
- New Provisions Regarding the Inactivation of Select Agents
On April 28, 2017, the Federal Select Agent Program (FSAP) hosted a webcast to provide specific regulatory guidance and information on changes to the select agent regulations and on standards concerning biosafety, security, and incident response. The Federal Register notice, workshop agenda, presentations, a recording of the webcast, and responses to questions received during the webcast are available for download below:
- APHIS/CDC Select Agent Program Workshop, April 28, 2017
- Federal Register Notice
- Workshop Agenda
- Questions and Answers
- New provisions regarding the inactivation of select agents
- Changes to toxin permissible limits/due diligence reporting
- Overview of other changes to the select agent regulations
- eFSAP updates
- Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) Coordinator Program/Threat Credibility
2016 Federal Bureau of Investigation Webinar
On April 19, 2016, the Federal Select Agent Program (FSAP) conducted a webinar in collaboration with the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) to discuss changes to the FD-961 Bioterrorism Risk Assessment Form and the FSAP security risk assessment process. The presentation and questions asked during the webinar are available for download below:
- APHIS / CDC Form 1 FAQ's
- APHIS / CDC Forms 2 & 4 FAQ's
- How are non-compliance issues handled by the FSAP?
- Why would my entity get referred to OIG/FBI?
- What happens if my entity gets referred to USDA/IES?
- What happens if my entity gets referred to HHS/OIG?
- Theft, Loss, or Release of Select Agents and Toxins